The Center for Computational Finance and Economic Systems (CoFES) focuses on exploring foundational probabilistic and mathematical methods with an emphasis on the development of analytical and computational tools to solve problems in finance and economic systems. This includes:
- Applied Time Series and Forecasting STAT 421/621
- Quantitative Risk Management STAT 449/649
- Quantitative Financial Analytics STAT 482/682
- Market Models STAT 486/686
- Blockchain & Cryptocurrency 487/687
- Quantitative Finance STAT 499/699
- Stochastic Calculus with Applications in Finance STAT 699
- Eubank Conference workshops and short courses have historically brought thought leaders, practitioners and innovators to discuss the changing structure of financial markets and how quantitative scientists can assist with understanding and navigating this change.
CoFES has supported learning and discovery through student clubs.
- DataSci is an official student chapter of the American Statistical Association.
- The Rice Undergraduate Finance Club works to provide a practical and goal-oriented introduction to the world of finance and financial management.
- Rice Blockchain is an undergraduate initiative that seeks to promote blockchain education, research, and development.